After serving 20+ years on active duty military in the communications field I retired and relocated to Dallas with my husband and went to work in the Executive Education Department at the University of Dallas (UTD).
I’ve always been passionate about helping people during difficult times. Two-years post retirement it was time to pursue my passion and return to graduate school, I received a Masters Degree of Science in Counseling from Southern Methodist University (SMU). I graduated in three separate tracks as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), and Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC). My clinical training was conducted at Child and Family Services (Mesquite). Altogether, I've more than five years of clinical experience with couples, families, and adult individuals.
License and Training
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (202528)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (77946)
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (12455)
- EMDR Level 1& 2
- John Gottman Level 1 Clinical Training for Couples
- Emotional Focused Couples Therapy
- Prepare and Enrich Premartial Counseling
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- NAADAC~The Association for Addiction Professionals
- Dallas Association for Marriage and Family Therapist